We aim to be at the forefront of all aspects of research and education in ocean and petroleum fields. We also aim to provide graduates for industrial requirements as well as train them for being experts in the existing and future specialized fields. While pursuing academic excellence, we will focus towards translating our research to industrial and social needs.
- ☸ List of candidates provisionally recommended for admission to M.S /PhD programme in the Ocean Engineering Department for the July-Nov 2023 Semester..............
- ☸ Water Security and Climate Adaptation Conference 2023 Adaptation and Mitigation through Sustainable Development.
- ☸ Ocean of Opportunities and Innovations Showcase @ IIT Madras
- ☸ Scholarship call for DAAD funded PhD scholarship under "Global Water and Climate Adaptation Centre (ABCD Centre)"...............
- ☸ End Semester for B. Tech. &Dual Degree /M. Tech./ M.B.A./M.A. and M.Sc. students M.S & Ph.D Scholars ODD Semester Jul-Nov 2021 .................
- ☸ Department of Ocean Engineering, IIT Madras and National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) are jointly organised OCEANS 2022 Chennai. Abstract are opened till 15th September 2021.......
Published work by Faculty
▌ Research Areas ▌
▌ Naval Architecture Naval Architecture is a branch of engineering that deals with design, construction, operation, repair, maintenance and certification of marine vehicles including surface ships,...Read More "Naval Architecture"
▌ Coastal Engineeering India has a long coastline of about 7500 km. The livelihood of the community near the coastal zone is an important aspect, particularly...Read More "Coastal Engineeering"
▌ Offshore Engineering India has one of the largest Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of about 2 million square km. The EEZ is a great national asset...Read More "Offshore Engineering"
▌ Petroleum Engineering The Petroleum Engineering (PE) program at IIT Madras focuses on upstream activities of petroleum exploration and production with a strong emphasis on reservoir...Read More "Petroleum Engineering"
▌ Center of Excellence and IoE-pCoE ▌
▌ SMART Maritime Technology Maritime Industry faces economic, environmental, energy and functional challenges that impact their sustainability. In response to the challenges, ports are adopting...Read More "SMART Maritime"
Marine Autonomous Systems
▌ Marine Autonomous Systems Center for Marine Autonomous Systems (CMAS) aims to solve the challenges associated with the development of autonomous surface and underwater vessels...Read More "Marine Autonomous Systems"
▌ Large-scale Ocean Research The CFLOR will address the large-scale studies that are required to be incorporated in the design, testing and fundamental understanding of...Read More "CFLOR"
▌ National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways & Coasts The National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways & Coasts (NTCPWC) has been envisioned as the centre...Read More "NTCPWC"
M S Research Scholars
PhD Research Scholars